Undergraduate Research Club
The Undergraduate Research Club (URC) is a Registered Student Organization dedicted to promoting undergraduate research and creative activity at Kennesaw State University. Here are just a few things you can do as a member of the club:
- Learn more about how to get started in undergraduate research, how to find a mentor, how to publish and present your results, and how to get funding for your project.
- Help sponsor the Symposium of Student Scholars each year.
- Conduct research as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Our mission is to promote an environment of undergraduate research on campus, to advance and disseminate the theory and practice of research, to provide members with opportunities for professional socialization in a research environment, to promote research that benefits the community, and to foster relationships among like-minded peers who are also interested in research. URC is open to all KSU students.
Meeting Information for the 2019-2020 Academic Year
Tuesday August 27, 20195:00pm - 6:00pmSocial Sciences Room 3033
Tuesday September 17, 20195:00pm - 6:00pmClendenin Room 1010
Tuesday October 15, 20195:00pm - 6:00pmClendenin Room 1003
Tuesday November 12, 20195:00pm - 6:00pmClendenin Room 1003
Tuesday January 14, 20205:00pm - 6:00pm
Tuesday February 11, 20205:00pm - 6:00pm
Tuesday March 17, 20205:00pm - 6:00pm
Tuesday April 14, 20205:00pm - 6:00pm
Each year, the Undergraduate Research Club conducts team-based research projects that are decided upon by the membership at the beginning of the academic year. Each team is led by an officer who has experience in undergraduate research. The projects are submitted to the National Conference on Undergraduate Research each year and are presented at KSU's annual Symposium of Student Scholars.
More information about the team-based URC research projects can be found here.
Undergraduate Research Club Committees
Symposium of Student Scholars Committee
- Publicize the event
- Put together the program
- Set up the day before in the Convocation Center
- Take photos during the event
- Staff the registration table
- Clean up after the event
- Serve as moderators during oral presentation sessions (e.g., keep on time, introduce speakers)
Undergraduate Research Newsletter Committee
- Working with the faculty advisor to find good stories
- Interviewing people (current students, alumni, faculty mentors, etc.)
- Writing stories for the newsletter
- Learning to use InDesign to format the newsletter
- Work to facilitate faculty mentors and undergraduate researchers working together at KSU
- Increase student awareness of URC both on campus and online
- Help with promotional materials for URC
Community Outreach Committee
- Establish relationships with the community
- Set up community service projects (school supply drive, Big Shanty Parade, conduct data analysis and reports for businesses and nonprofits, etc.)
Officers and Contact Information
General inquiries can be sent to email@example.com.
Robbie Cronin, President
Kaelyn Ireland, Vice President
Matthew Fenner, Treasurer
Brooke Bentley, Secretary
Patrick Kielly, Marketing Chair
Dr. Amy Buddie, Co-Faculty Advisor
Dr. Tsai-Tien Tseng, Co-Faculty Advisor