URCA Funds Application Submission Process
Requirements for Travel Funding
- Students must be enrolled at KSU during the time period of the travel or have graduated the previous semester.
- The travel must be completed between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020.
- Travel must involve a presentation or to collect data (Travel Template). Please note that this template has been updated in September 2019 and should be the only version used going forward.
- Acceptance to present is not required in order to submit an URCA conference travel application; however, the funds are specific to the proposed conference and may not be reallocated if the presentation is not accepted for that conference.
- For projects with multiple student authors, only the presenting author may seek funding support through URCA.
- Funded students must complete all travel-related paperwork no later than four weeks after their trip (or four weeks after receiving notification of funding if their travel occurred prior to the URCA deadline). Students who do not complete the paperwork in this timeframe will forfeit the funding.
- Students who travel in the months of May and June must submit their paperwork more quickly to meet University deadlines regarding funding; paperwork is due no later than one week after the trip or the funding will be forfeited.
- Students must adhere to all KSU and USG regulations regarding travel. For example, it is not permissible to stay in a domestic Airbnb, and if you do, you cannot receive reimbursement. Before making plans, it is advisable to consult with the KSU Travel Team to ensure compliance.
Requirements for Supplies/Materials Funding
- Students applying for supplies/materials must be currently enrolled students.
- Requests for materials that could be obtained in another manner (e.g., a book available at the library, software available for free at KSU) will not be funded.
- There is a plan for completing the research while the student is still an undergraduate.
- The student and faculty mentor have completed the Research Support Template fully and accurately. Please note that this template has been updated in September 2019 and should be the only version used going forward.
Electronic Proposal Submission Guidelines
- Download the appropriate application template based upon your funding request.
- Follow the instructions on the template.
- Save your template as a PDF with the following file name for the attachment: Student Last Name-Student First Name-Month-Year-URCA (for example, an URCA submitted in January 2020 by Jane Smith would be labeled as Smith-Jane-January-2020-URCA).
- Submit the file by uploading it here by the designated deadline.
The Travel Template* and the Research Support Template* both consist of two sections: Faculty Section and Student Section. The faculty section should be clearly written by the faculty mentor; the student section should be clearly written by the student. Student sections that appear to have been written by the faculty mentor or that are identical to other submissions will not be considered.
*Please note that these templates have been updated in September 2019 and should be the only version used going forward.
It will be the responsibility of the individual submitting the proposal to ascertain that the proposal materials are complete when submitted (all requested information is included; no materials missing). The funding committee will not consider late or incomplete applications.