BYU Accounting Research Rankings
Accounting faculty publication rankings released for 2018
Kennesaw, Ga. (March 5, 2019) — The Brigham Young University accounting research rankings have recently been released for 2018. The rankings include the total research output of each university’s faculty in 12 top accounting journals (i.e., total raw number of publications in these 12 journals). The overall BYU rankings do not consider faculty size, co-authorship, or rankings of journals within the 12 BYU journals. Rankings are divided into three time periods: the most recent 6 years, the most recent 12 years, and all publications since 1990.
Highlights from the 2018 rankings:
- For the past 6, 12, and all (1990-present) years, KSU is ranked #60, #59, and #63 worldwide, respectively, for total publications in the 12 journals.
- From 1990-present, KSU is ranked #18 in auditing research, #27 in research breadth, and #7 in accounting education research.
- For the past 6 years, KSU is ranked #25 in auditing research, #33 in tax research and #26 in accounting education (research and cases).
Within the state of Georgia:
- For the past 6 years, KSU (#60) is the second highest ranked university in Georgia behind UGA (#9) for total publications in the 12 journals.
- For the past 12 years and all years tabulated for these rankings (1990-present), KSU is ranked #3 in Georgia behind UGA and Emory for total publications in the 12 journals.
For more information about KSU’s rankings, click here.