Undergraduate Research Poster Printing
The KSU Library System and Office of Undergraduate Research offer a plotter printer that will produce high quality, single page, 36 x 42 color posters. We make this printer available for use by all KSU undergraduate researchers at no charge for printing posters that are directly tied to poster presentations in which the undergraduates are the lead authors and primary presenters of the research (please note we are not able to print posters that do not meet these criteria; for all other poster printing needs, please visit the Teacher Resource and Activity Corner (TRAC) or Talon Express for other printing options).
Students have a choice to pick up their poster at the Johnson Library on the Marietta Campus (first floor check-out desk), or at the Academic Learning
Center on the Kennesaw Campus (Office of Undergraduate Research, Suite 5500).
Students must fill out the form which corresponds with the location at which they plan to pick up their poster. Posters must be submitted at least five (5) business days prior to the due date. Posters will not be printed on the same day.
- Poster printing is available to KSU undergraduates who have been accepted to present a poster at a conference.
- Conference acceptance confirmation (e.g., conference acceptance letter, conference acceptance email notification, screenshot of conference program listing undergraduate researcher as presenter, etc.) must be uploaded (PDF or JPG file) when completing the poster printing request form for both Marietta and Kennesaw campus.
- Posters are to be used for conference presentations by undergraduates only. The undergraduate(s) must be the lead author(s) and the primary presenter(s) of the research.
- We will not print promotional posters. Please visit TRAC (Teacher Resource and Activity Center in Bagwell College of Education) for other types of posters.
- Submit posters at least five days prior to due date. Posters will not be printed on the same day.
- All posters submitted must be designed or converted to PowerPoint.
- We will not print multiple copies of the same poster.
- We are not responsible for proofreading or bad print quality due to faulty design (please follow design tips and templates).
- We are not responsible for making modifications to posters (change text, change colors, add or subtract information, resize, etc.). If you have questions about your poster's content and/or layout, please contact your faculty mentor.
- We are not responsible for cutting or trimming of posters. To avoid cutting or trimming, please follow the design tips and templates.
- We will not reprint posters due to any mistakes, improper formatting, or poor print quality.
- Posters may not have large solid backgrounds. We can print graphics and images in small quantities on a research poster, but large solid blocks of color can damage our printer.
Poster Design Guidelines
For general tips on creating academic posters, including resources for designing posters from scratch, click here.
- Use a plain white background.
- Only use high resolution KSU approved logos. Please review the Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing visual identity guidelines for more information).
- Use only high-resolution logos & images (preferably 300 dpi). Do NOT copy and paste images from the Web. Web images are only 72 dpi. The submitter is responsible for obtaining proper copyright for any images used, if applicable.
- Although many of the following websites charge a small fee, utilization of stock photos will provide you with high resolution and professional looking photos and images.
Printing for Marietta Campus
Students planning on printing their posters on the Marietta Campus must complete the form below:
Marietta Campus Printing Form
Prior to printing, please refer to the Poster Printing Policies and Poster Design Guidelines. Posters are to be picked up at Johnson Library on the Marietta Campus (first floor check-out desk). Posters must be submitted at least five days prior to the due date. Posters will not be printed on the same day.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Printing for Kennesaw Campus
Students planning on printing their posters on the Kennesaw Campus must complete the form below:
Kennesaw Campus Printing Form
Prior to printing, please refer to the Poster Printing Policies and Poster Design Guidelines. Posters are to be picked up at the Academic Learning Center (Suite 5500). Posters must be submitted at least five days prior to the due date. Posters will not be printed on the same day.
For questions, contact email@example.com