Due to COVID-19, these internships will be conducted virtually until further notice.
The Kennesaw Journal of Undergraduate Research (KJUR), published bi-annually with a special issue added in occasionally, is a peer-reviewed scholarly journal dedicated to promoting academic study and achievement among undergraduate students at Kennesaw State University. This journal seeks to encourage inquiry among undergraduates by providing them with an avenue for spreading and exchanging knowledge through publication of their research.
KJUR aims to provide interns with an opportunity to learn about and participate in the publication of scholarly and creative research by undergraduates at Kennesaw State University, as well as showcase quality undergraduate scholarship conducted at the university through promotional tools.
Applicants for either internship should apply by searching for the Kennesaw Journal of Undergraduate Research at https://kennesaw.joinhandshake.com/.
- For Summer internships, the deadline is April 15 (start date is the first day of 8-week summer classes)
- For Fall internships, the deadline is May 1 (start date is the first day of classes in Fall semester)
- For Spring internships, the deadline is November 30 (start date is the first day of classes in Spring semester)
The KJUR Editorial Internship will be available to students in English, professional writing, and communication disciplines at KSU. The student intern will serve as a student editor of KJUR. The internship can be used as course credit (please specify this information in your email application).
- Reviewing submitted manuscripts
- Communicating with reviewers
- Recommending editorial decisions
- Engaging in editorial meetings
- Working with student authors through the manuscript review process
- Collaborating in the journal production process, including copy editing and proofreading, as well as other editorial responsibilities
Marketing and Promotion Internship
The KJUR Marketing and Promotion Internship will be available to students in English, professional writing, communication, graphic and marketing disciplines at KSU. Student interns will have an opportunity to work on a wide range of projects related to marketing and promotion of the journal by using graphic design and social media. This internship can be used as course credit (please specify this information in your email application).
- Solicitation of submissions to KJUR
- Promotion of recent issues of KJUR
- Coordination of special issues according to submission trends
- Coordination and promotion on social media accounts
- Creation of promotional graphics for KJUR