Associate Director, Office of Undergraduate Research
The Office of Undergraduate Research is seeking applicants for the position of Associate Director. The percentage of time in this position is negotiable (likely 40%-50% in the Office of Undergraduate Research). There is an administrative stipend in the summer. Start date is July 1, 2020.
More details about the position and application process are below. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EligibilityAll full-time tenure-track and tenured faculty are eligible for this position.
The succesful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- An excellent track record of mentoring undergraduate researchers
- A commitment to enhancing undergraduate research at KSU
- Effective leadership experiences
- Strong communication skills
- Strong collaborative skills
The specific job duties will be negotiated with the candidate based on the candidate's interests and expertise and the needs of the Office of Undergraduate Research. Below are examples of the types of duties associated with this position.
- Assist in managing the budget for the Office of Undergraduate Research
- Organize and coordinate URCA and CARET reviews
- Assist in organizing and managing the Symposium of Student Scholars
- Assist in NCUR submission reviews
- Assist in NCUR travel planning
- Assist in managing undergraduate research awards (Outstanding Mentor Award, Symposium Awards)
- Serve as a senior editor of the Kennesaw Journal of Undergraduate Research
- Curate programmatic data for annual evaluations and administrative meetings
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Director
- Develop and offer workshops relevant to undergraduate researchers and faculty mentors
- Create content for the Office of Undergraduate Research website
- Assist in searching and applying for external funding related to undergraduate research
- Assist in fundraising efforts to support undergraduate research
- Participate in evaluation, selection, and management of the First Year Scholars Program
- Assist in developing and managing other new programming and initiatives as needed
Application DeadlineApplications are due March 30, 2020 at 11:59pm.
TermThe Associate Director position is a two-year term with the possibility of renewal.
Application ProcessComplete the form located here.