Below are some resources for faculty involved in VIP teams.
- External Funding: The goal of Research Development & Strategic Initiatives is to guide and support
researchers through the grant writing and external funding processes.
- Join the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR): CUR is the national organization supporting undergraduate research. It is free for
all KSU faculty, staff, and students to join, as we are an enhanced institutional
member. CUR provides resources for faculty and students, including some funding.
- Mentoring Undergraduate Researchers: Resources for mentoring undergraduate research can be found at this link.
- Ethics and Student Research: More information about ethics and student research, particularly around human subjects
research, can be found at this link.
- Authorship Issues: If you are working with undergraduate researchers on presentations and publications,
you will need to have conversations with them about issues such as when they are co-authors
versus acknowledged in the manuscript/presentation and the order of authorship.
- Video Series: The Office of Undergraduate Research has provided several short videos on undergraduate
research topics, including an overview of the research process, locating sources,
developing a research question, writing abstracts, creating posters and oral presentations
for conferences, and much more. Providing these resources to your students may save
you time in explaining these topics yourself. Suggestions for other topics are welcome;
please email email@example.com
- Student Research Learning Outcomes: The undergraduate research learning outcomes at the link are taken from the literature. These outcomes can be incorporated into syllabi for undergraduate research experiences, including VIP experiences.