Kennesaw State University researchers are actively recruiting participants for research trials. Members of the public are encouraged to apply, if qualified.
Click here to have your trial listed on this page. Note: The Office of Research reserves the right to edit submissions for clarity and regulatory purposes.
The following studies are actively recruiting research participants
Crawling babies needed for study to learn more about the development of crawling in infants
- Babies who have just started crawling.
- Visits to KSU to crawl on a special mat every two weeks until the baby switches to walking.
- Participants receive $20 for each study session.
For more information, contact Dr. Mark Geil, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adults with limb loss who have a long residual limb for a study on a new compliant low-profile prosthetic foot.
- Walking study in the Kennesaw State University Biomechanics Laboratory.
- The study will occur in two sessions and will take about 1.5 hours each.
If you would like to participate or would like more information, please contact Dr. Mark Geil at email@example.com, 470-578-4805.
Adults aged 60 or older needed for a research study to test a new, advanced knee brace.
- Participants will share opinions about the computerized brace, and then perform an exercise that involves standing from a seated position several times while wearing the new brace and the standard model.
- Testing will occur at Kennesaw State’s Biomechanics Laboratory.
- Parking will be provided for off-campus participants, and individuals who complete the study will receive a $25 gift card.
Interested? Contact Dr. Mark Geil at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adults 18 years of age or older who identify as Latino/a/x or Hispanic and live in the United States with a child between the ages of 10 and 18 needed to complete an anonymous survey for a study about Latino parents/caregivers' views of and involvement in adolescent suicide prevention.
- Participants who complete the survey can receive an e-gift card for completing the
Survey link: https://kennesaw.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6i2vaKWaW6PzXz8?Source=ksuportal.
For more information, contact Totalora@kennesaw.edu.
Adults 18 years of age or older who identify as Muslim and have every utilized or are currently using mental health services needed to complete a brief survey. Survey link: https://kennesaw.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_086K8dSGHw93Kdw.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Men between the ages of 40 and 60 years needed to participate in a study examining the relationships among step counts, body weight, and cardiometabolic risk factors.
- Participants must be healthy (no chronic disease), and not currently engaging in structured exercise (regular walkers are welcome).
For more information, contact Bob Buresh, 470-578-6488; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adults 18 years of age or older with familiarity of 2023 Immigration changes in Florida and origins from the Caribbean, Latin America, or the United States needed for exploratory study.
There have been a number of controversial legislative acts that have recently come out of the Florida legislature and been championed by the state’s current governor, Ron DeSantis. This exploratory study aims to understand what threat, if any, the 2023 immigration laws in Florida have had on individuals and subsequent impact on their respective decisions to travel to the state. It also seeks to understand participants' perceptions of Florida's global reputation in the wake of the state's newly enacted immigration laws of SB 1718. A comparison of global attitudes is sought for participants from the Caribbean, Latin America, and U.S., which represents the most common migratory patterns for the regions.
Interested participants can expect the study to proceed as follows:
- Email primary researcher to initiate request to participate: JMendo18@students.kennesaw.edu.
- GoogleForm will be sent to participant to acknowledge informed consent, provide general. demographic information, provide alias or initials for reporting, and schedule 30-45 minute virtual interview.
- Virtual interview will cover 11 brief questions that focus on recent and future travel plans to Florida, awareness and possible impact of 2023 immigration laws, and how the laws may personally affect the participant.
- At conclusion of interview period, responses will be analyzed for reoccurring themes and discussed in capstone findings.
For more information, contact JMendo18@students.kennesaw.edu.
Women between 65 – 79 years of age needed for master's thesis assessing physical health benefits following 6-weeks of home-based, elastic-band training.
- Participants must be free of major health conditions and not have performed structured exercise within 3 yrs (not including walking).
- 3 to 4 visits to KSU for tests of body composition, muscle strength, and physical function.
- Participants will be randomized to a training or control group.
- Benefits include expected strength gains (training group), interpretation of tests, and elastic band provided.
- Upon completion, up to $60 gift card will be provided.
For more information, contact Dr. Garrett Hester, email@example.com, 470-578-4267.
Trilingual, immigrant, transnational families who live in the U.S. needed for study relating to language experiences of trilingual, immigrant, transnational families in the U.S. with children aged two to 18. Requirements listed below.
- The children of these families should be exposed to 3 languages.
- The children should learn and use these languages on a regular basis.
- The children's ages are between 2 and 18.
For more information, contact Jayoung Choi, firstname.lastname@example.org, 470-578 2231.