National Conference on Undergraduate Research
The National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) is the largest conference on undergraduate research in the country. Each year, approximately 4,000 undergraduates from all over the country present their scholarship as posters, oral presentations, performances, and works of art. It is a great opportunity for students to present their research and network with other undergraduate researchers. In addition, there are graduate school and career fairs at the conference. KSU hosted this conference April 11-13, 2019.
Information about NCUR 2022 can be found here.
The Abstract Submission Portal is Now Open! Submit here.
NCUR 2022 will be virtual April 4-8, 2022. There are two abstract due dates:
- October 20, 2021: Early-Bird Abstract Submission and Opt-In for Competition Deadline
- November 19, 2021: Regular Abstract Submission Deadline (not eligible for competition aspect)
Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Research at email@example.com if you have any questions.
STUDENTS - CALL FOR ABSTRACTS - NEW STUDENTS
Undergraduates conducting research in any discipline are encouraged to apply to NCUR 2022. More instructions can be found here.
When completing the abstract submission form, please enter the following information in the section entitled "Campus Coordinator Information":
Coordinator First Name: Amy
Coordinator Last Name: Buddie
Coordinator Title: Director of Undergraduate Research
Coordinator Institution: Kennesaw State University
Coordinator Address: 585 Cobb Avenue, MD 0111, Kennesaw GA 30144
Coordinator Phone: 470-578-6255
Coordinator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FACULTY/GRADUATE STUDENTS - CALL FOR REVIEWERS AND COHORT FACILITATORS
NCUR 2022 will need faculty/grad student reviewers for abstracts. If you are willing to serve, please complete the short form available here.
NCUR is seeking volunteers to serve as disciplinary cohort facilitators during the virtual event. Faculty, administrators, mentors/advisors, post-doctoral scholars, and graduate students are eligible to serve in this capacity. For more information, click here.
The Office of Undergraduate Research will pay the registration costs for student presenters presenting at NCUR 2022. Your name must be listed as a presenter to be eligible. All presenters are eligible, not just the primary presenter.
- Students must first be accepted to the conference.
- Students must register no later than the early-bird deadline (the Office of Undergraduate Research will not pay for late registrations). This deadline is January 31, 2022. The Office of Undergraduate Research will not pay for any registrations that occur after January 31st.
- Only current undergraduates and students who have graduated one semester before the conference (December 2021) are eligible for the funding.
TRAINING ON WRITING CONFERENCE ABSTRACTS
If you would like more information on how to write an abstract for a conference, check out the 12-minute Office of Undergraduate Research video entitled "Writing an Abstract" here.