Kennesaw State University is the first school in Georgia to host the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), which is the largest interdisciplinary event of its kind in the country.
The conference, held on campus April 11-13, 2019, was the largest in NCUR’s more than 30-year history.
Engage. Explore. Experience. Kennesaw State University
The Road to NCUR 2019
Kennesaw State was selected to host this conference through a national selection process in 2016. Every year, more than 4,000 undergraduates present their scholarship as posters, oral presentations, performances, and works of art. They also have the opportunity to network with other student researchers from across the country.
In spring 2019, KSU welcomed nearly 4,000 undergraduate student researchers from 45 states and internationally, including close to 800 students from 33 Georgia colleges and universities, 400 of whom were from KSU.
Co-chairs Amy Buddie and Chris Cornelison from the Office of Undergraduate Research led the effort that included over 20 committees and more than 1,000 volunteers to make KSU NCUR-ready.
NCUR 2019 @Kennesaw State University
NCUR Live Blog
Plenary Session Videos
Valerie Montgomery Rice,
Morehouse School of Medicine
- The Road to NCUR (from Spring 2019 KSU Magazine)
- NCUR 2019 at Coles College of Business (video)
- Connecting through Research (April 14, 2019)
- Spring Spotlight on Research (from Spring 2019 The Investigator Research Magazine)
- Written by Whitten: Thousands come to KSU to celebrate undergraduate research (April 9, 2019)
- Kennesaw State hosts National Conference on Undergraduate Research (April 3, 2019)
- The Road to NCUR (March 15, 2019)
- A Research Showcase (from Fall 2018 KSU Magazine)
NCUR profiles of KSU participants
NCUR Faculty Resources
Faculty can learn more about how to help guide students in the abstract submission process, how to provide meaningful class assignments related to NCUR 2019, how to find volunteer opportunities, and more by clicking here.
NCUR Final ReportThe NCUR 2019 Final Report contains information on each subcommittee, data on NCUR, and survey feedback. Check it out here.