Foundation Center Proposal Writing Short Course
"How to Fail in Grant Writing"
"Becoming a Successful Principal Investigator"
"It's Not About Me: Musings of a Grant Writer"
"New Rules! Here's what you need to know about the federal government's new grant regulations"
"Video: Foundations Reveal What They Look For in Grant Proposals"
National Institutes of Health (NIH) Grants YouTube page
Citing Interim Products in NIH Applications, Proposals and Reports
NIH Video Tutorials - How to Prepare, Write, and Submit an application
Sections of an NSF Proposal: Video tutorials
- National Science Foundation Grant Conference 2016-Webinars
- National Institutes of Health Grant Seminars
- National Institutes of Health Online Briefings and Webinars
- National Institutes of Health Podcasts and Transcripts
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Days
- NSF Regional Grants Conferences & Other Outreach Activities
- Department of Education, Resources for Researchers
- Foundation Center Atlanta Training Schedule (many basic courses are free)
- Council on Undergraduate Research Institutes
Understanding the Review Process
- The National Science Foundation’s Merit Review page explains the merit review process and how award decisions are made by NSF. The site also includes information on why and how to become a reviewer.
- The National Institutes of Health’s Center for Scientific Review has produced a series of videos to show how the peer-review process functions.
- "Meet the Experts in NIH Peer Review: Webinars for Applicants" provide in depth information for PIs, targeting NIH's different funding mechanisms: R15, Fellowship, SBIR/STTR, and R01.
For more information on peer review policies and practices visit the following web sites:
- National Institutes for Health
- The Department of Energy
- The National Endowment for the Humanities
- The National Endowment for the Arts
These are only a few examples of the peer review processes used by agencies to which KSU faculty frequently apply. Always check your application guidelines for specific information about how your grant will be reviewed.